Never leave children or animals alone in a room with candle(s) that are lit or still hot. Liquid candle wax can inflict serious burns. Keep burning candles out of reach of children.
Never leave a burning candle(s) unattended. Make sure you extinguish your candle(s) before leaving the house or going to sleep.
Make sure that no one is near the candle(s) if you choose to blow out to extinguish. Always blow out the candle(s) gently. We recommend using a snuffer or dipping the wick to extinguish.
Always read and follow the instructions and remove packaging and decorations before lighting.
Keep candle(s) that are lit well apart and make sure that they are supported and remain upright.
Keep candle(s) away from sunlight or other sources of heat, always store your candle(s) in a cool, dark and dry place.
Keep your candle wax free of wick trimmings, matches or other debris.
Do not try to move lit candle(s) - Allow your candle to cool completely before handling or moving. Except in an emergency do not extinguish one of these candle(s) until the surface has turned liquid.
Never attempt to extinguish candle(s) with water. Your wick will absorb the water and your candle(s) will be ruined. Water can also cause the hot wax to splatter and could cause burns to you or shatter your glass or vessel.
5 TIPS TO CARE FOR YOUR CANDLE
1. Trim the wick
Before lighting, trim the wick ¼” using scissors or one our wick trimmers for a clean, safe burn and increased candle lifespan.
2. Let it burn
Allow the wax to melt to the edges of the jar every burn to prevent tunneling - especially important on the first burn!
3. Safety first
Never leave a lit candle unattended and don’t burn for more than 4 hours at time. To protect the surface below from heat, place your candle on a coaster or tile.
4. Know when to stop
Don't burn your candle(s) if only ¼”-½” of wax remains. Lighting a candle without enough wax can overheat the jar.
5. Reuse it
Once the candle is finished, clean the jar! Now you’ve got new Libbey glassware for your favorite drink.